Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Change default file-filter in open-dialog

 kai-martin knaak wrote:
I'd say, the default should be *.pcb + *.fp . These are by far the most
likely files you'd want to load.
Thanks to all for your replys!
I found a way to store the last-used folder at a GKeyFile. But it is not well integrated yet, so it will need some days until I will make a patch public.

I would like to introduce a menue-change for loading and saving and like to know what you are thinking about it:

New menue-structure:

File
  New
    Layout
    Import Schematics...
  Open... (loads *.pcb, *.fp and eventually *.sch-files)
  Load Netlist...
  Load Vendor Resource...
  -
  Save...

Buffer
  Load from File... (loads *.pcb and *.fp)
Save to File (replaces Save buffer-elements to file. What should here be the default-filetype? Or the only filetype? *.fp?)
  -

The idea is, that pcb decides dependend on the filetype which kind of load-function should be used (Martin's suggestion above brought me to this idea). I am very unsure about Import Schematics. I did never used it, so I don't know if it is more related to 'New' or to 'Open' or even nothing of them.l

I hope, my programming-skills are enough to implement something like this and am very interesting in your opinions.

Felix