Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Change default file-filter in open-dialog

Hi Felix,

If this were for me to decide, I would do something like this:

File
  New        Ctrl-N      // maybe "New Layout"
  Open       Ctr+O       // to open an existing layout from file
  Save...    Ctrl+S      // to save the current layout
  Save as... Shft+Ctrl_S // to save the current layout to a diff
path/filename
  ------
  Revert
    To saved
    To backup
  ------
  Load
    Load element data to paste-buffer...
    Load layout data to paste-buffer...
    Load Schematics...
    Load Netlist...
    Load Vendor Reaource...
  ------
  Save connection data of ...
    A single element
    All elements
    Unused pins
  Save buffer to element file  // AKA footprint file (*.fp)
  ------
  Print         Ctrl+P  // or maybe "Print layout"
  Calibrate printer     // or maybe "Page setup"
  Export layout...      // here follows the Brady bunch of all available
exporters ;)
  ------
  Close layout  Ctrl-W  // if and when multiple layouts are supported ;-)
  Close all layouts     // if and when multiple layouts are supported ;-)
  Exit          Alt+X   //

But it isn't, so it's just my EUR 0.02 on the subject.

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.