Re: gEDA-user: pcb crooked traces

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 07:09 -0400, gene glick wrote:
> I hope the attachment comes through.  If not, I'll post it somewhere.
>
> I cannot get rid of the jagged diagonal lines on my design.  There's
> lots of them.  The picture shows a couple of examples.  I've tried
> different grid sizes, line widths, but nothing fixes the problem.
> Redrawing them in order to eliminate any sections does not help.  On
> PCB, it shows at some zoom levels but not others.  It is in the gerbers
> as well and it is in the photo-mode picture I attached.

If the tracks select as a single piece, it is just a rendering artefact
due to the line not being _exactly_ 45 degrees. The gerber plot might be
better when viewed in "High quality" mode in gerbv.

PCB, and the lower quality gerbv modes don't render anti-aliased lines,
so this is likely the source of what you are seeing. The fact it changes
with zoom level also leads me to suspect the same.

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,