gEDA-user: Location of system-gafrc

All,

The part manager needs to know the location of system-gafrc file. When installing from a Debian package on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, the file is located in /etc/gEDA/system-gafrc. This prefix does not match any of the build directory variables in the part manager or match anything returned from g_get_system_config_dirs(). Using 'dpkg -S system-gafrc' will locate the file properly. I'm looking for a reliable mechanism to locate this file at build time. Would adding additional variables to gaf's pkg-config and building these paths into the part manager application be a good solution? Right now, I could add additional paths to a list and the application can poke around the filesystem for it. This mechanism does not seem like a valid solution. I also have an environment variable, but I do not want to require the user to set this variable in the normal case.

Cheers,
Ed