Re: gEDA-user: pcb crooked traces

Armin Faltl:
> DJ Delorie wrote:
> >> Please forgive my ignorance, but can't one just define a 64bit
> >> integer on a 32bit system?
> > Yes, but there's a loss of performance if you do that.
> if one really is anal about it, use 'long long int' which is an 80-bit
> integer on Intel
> machines and they are handled by the floatingpoint unit, despite they
> are real
> integers (and, xor, shift, rot, mod, ...)

The best solution is to set the internal basic unit to nm (it seems to
be the consensus), so that the number 1 == 1nm, and make a typedef in
some header file. Then Armin can have his long long, I can have my
doubles, some can have their int64_t, and most can have their simple
int. And we can all test and make sure that pcb is typeagnostic
regarding that typedef.

Then, whoever wants forestsize_pcbs/kitchens/antennas/etc.,
simply choose their right type (and no scaling factor would be
needed).

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

---------