Re: gEDA-user: pcb crooked traces

Does anyone on this list honestly believe that in 2010 a difference
between "slow emulated 64bit" and "native 64bit" integer on any
hardware made in the last decade is going to be even noticeable. Just
make it 64bit and be done with it. Those who still use PCB on 386 can
use the old version.

It seems most of these "discussions" that I see here tend to get stuck
in the most minute/worthless details that don't affect end user... all
the while there are some gaping missing features that prevent end
users from properly getting their work done... and then you ask why
"opensource pcbs" use eagle or something. .. simply because it lets
them do their job instead of bickering around about <stuff>.

> In the Windows world today there is usually the choice of downloading
> a 32bit or a 64bit program implementation.
Except even that '32bit' program will have proper handling for 64-bit
values, such as large file sizes, etc, where as on Lunix this means
"you need to download the source and 20 dependent libs source and
recompile them all with -D_LARGE_FILE_OFFSET or some other ridiculous
shit. Will the 64-bit version be "faster" because its native?
Probably. Will anyone notice? No.