Re: gEDA-user: GNUduino - Arduino made with gEDA

On Oct 9, 2010, at 10:28 AM, Kevin Vermeer wrote:

>   What can we do to gEDA to make it more accessible to these
>   folks?

IMHO, the OP is on the right track.  It will take less energy and time to simply fork the designs and push them out to a public repo than to lobby with the originators.

I suspect the old issue of libraries is a barrier to the project originators, but by having "us" (who ever *we" are) do the fork and gEDA conversion, we at least must solve the library issues for that one design.

After a while, either the open-CAD version will become popular and the project originators will be dragged to open-CAD by their customers, or else it won't.  If it doesn't, we need to examine why.

-dave