gEDA-user: other FOSS layout tools

On 10/09/2010 08:14 PM, Dave N6NZ wrote:
KiCAD --  I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know much about it's capabilities.

When I first looked at it a couple of years ago it was a small group,
but now it seems to have critical mass -- about 12 developers.
It's a integrated-through-GUI kind of program, but has some kind of scripting possible.

I've not run it but for a few minutes -- please try it and tell us what it's like.

Also to look at status of is liquidpcb.  That's a lone developer doing the concept
of continuously updating DRCs and keep away distances maintained as you go.

With that approach, liquidpcb might even have a
sweep-all-this-circuitry-in-that-direction-until-it-hits-a-DRC
mode by now.

John