gEDA-user: cheap monthly prototype pcb fab source in US

I just learned of this via my local hackerspace -- have not done it myself yet.
It's not a rapid prototype service, just a once a month syndication, but could
be very useful when you want a test before committing to make a run of ten or fifty boards.
$5/sq inch for 3 pcs of 2-layer  FR-4 pcb's *including* postage.

That's $1.66/sq in. or $0.25 US per sq cm with no setup and no shipping charge.

Only DJ's soldering test board was ever offered for less.

John

http://dorkbotpdx.org/wiki/pcb_order

The next 2 layer circuit board order will be October 25th, 2010 at 08:00AM Pacific.

How to submit your order
For now, just email your board designs to "pcb-order@xxxxxxxx" as either an Eagle .brd or a set of Gerbers.

Include in the email:

    * The number of boards you want in sets of 3. ("I'd like 2 sets of three.")
    * Your mailing address ("123 Fake St, Portland, OR 97219")

If you're making Gerbers from Eagle, please use this CAM job.

    * http://content.laen.org/pcb/LaenPCBOrder.cam

Help!
If any of this is confusing, or you'd just like some help with your board, feel free to drop me an email. I love helping people with their designs.
Design Rules
(Eagle DRU File: http://content.laen.org/pcb/LaenPCBOrder.dru) The minimums are:

    * 6 mil trace width
    * 6 mil spacing
    * 15 mil clearances from traces to the edge of the board
    * 13 mil minimum drill size.
    * 7 mil minimum annular ring

..That's not to say that you should design for the minimums; it's best to make your traces and spacing as wide as your design will tolerate, but if you need it, we're paying for these minimums so feel free to use them!

Four layer boards have the same minimums and will be made with 1 oz copper for the external layers and 0.5 oz copper internally. No blind/buried vias.