Re: gEDA-user: pcb outline clarification

On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 17:20 +0200, Markus Hitter wrote:
> Am Montag, den 25.10.2010, 12:53 +0200 schrieb Markus Hitter:

> Looks like coding simplification is favoured over user friendliness. OK,
> scratch that idea of a patch.
>

> Markus

Markus, please note: Clear, easy to understand code is user friendly --
it makes it possible to find bugs fast and prevent new bugs, and it
makes it possible for new developers to join the project, understand how
its works, and to contribute. Of course too simple code is not user
friendly. You may know how many patches Linus rejects for the Linux
kernel...

For the layer stuff my impression was, that some of the developers
intend a complete rewrite, so that we can have multiple layers of each
type, new types like keepouts, and maybe routing styles and DRC
specification bound direct to layers. My impression may be wrong, I am
not involved in current PCB development.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski