gEDA-user: start gschem not full-screen ?

How do I start gschem with a smaller window size ? It always starts almost
full-screen, and the window can not be shrunk. Major pain, specially since
I now have a dual head xinerama setup where gschem ends up straddling both
screens !

Other question, regarding the freebsd port: I noticed I missed 2 releases
so I am going to update my port. Is the next release expected for not
too soon or should I wait for the next one... :-)

bruno