Re: gEDA-user: Oddness, or stupid user?

On 13 Sep 2002, Josh Myer wrote:

> So, maybe i'm just being a moron, but i can't for the life of me get
> nets to connect to pins in gschem. I can get them to connect to other
> nets just fine (take the net from A->B and then back again and it goes
> to little circles). But i can't get them to connect onto pins.
>
> Is there a "getting started, step by step, because you're really
> ignorant" tutorial anywhere?
>
> I'm using the gschem that comes with geda-gschem on debian -- 20020527.
> which is shown as being a bit old, but i doubt that's the problem.
>
> Thanks in advance for your time to explain something so trivial...

Hi,

here si the way I do this:

Firts, add components, nets and busses in geschem.
Thereby, _all_ components have to be named!
Thats very important!
After that, start:
gnetlist -gPCB -oprojectname.net projectname.sch
or
gschem2pcb projectname.sch

where projectname is the name of the file, edited
with gschem.

Run PCB.
Load the netlist projectname.net.
Add the apprpriate parts from the libraries.
Name the Parts (mouse over and >n<).
Run ratsnest.
You can toggle the airwires with >w< and >e<.
Route the board.

Thats ist.
Have lots of fun.

Marc
--
Marc Reibel <marc@reibel-web.de> <http://www.reibel-web.de>
PGP Key: 0xBC41A832/B4BB 179B 38B1 6C65 31FA B51C DBB6 A50A