Re: gEDA-user: Oddness, or stupid user?

Josh Myer wrote:

> So, maybe i'm just being a moron, but i can't for the life of me get
> nets to connect to pins in gschem. I can get them to connect to other
> nets just fine (take the net from A->B and then back again and it goes
> to little circles). But i can't get them to connect onto pins.

If the end of the net changes from a little red box to nothing when it
hits the pin, then the net is connected.  If you are having trouble
getting things to line up so that the end of the net touches the end of a
pin, then you may have accidentally adjusted the grid size to an odd
value.  It may also be possible that your symbol has pins on non-grid
locations.  Try playing with the symbols that are included with gschem
first before creating your own,  it should be easy to connect nets to
these ones.

> Is there a "getting started, step by step, because you're really
> ignorant" tutorial anywhere?

Try some of the example schematics in the examples directories.  I wrote a
breif introduction to using the Verilog netlister in the gnetlist
directory, but it is more of a `guide' than anything else.

> I'm using the gschem that comes with geda-gschem on debian -- 20020527.
> which is shown as being a bit old, but i doubt that's the problem.
>
> Thanks in advance for your time to explain something so trivial...
> --
> /jbm, but you can call me josh. Really, you can.
>  "Let us endeavor so to live that when we come
>   to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
>    -- Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"
> 7958 1C1C 306A CDF8 4468  3EDE 1F93 F49D 5FA1 49C4

                              Mike Jarabek
                                FPGA/ASIC Designer
  http://www.istop.com/~mjarabek