Re: gEDA-user: Oddness, or stupid user?

Hi Josh,

No dia (On:) 13 Sep 2002 22:49:00 -0400
Josh Myer <josh@joshisanerd.com> escreveu: (wrote:)

> So, maybe i'm just being a moron, but i can't for the life of me get
> nets to connect to pins in gschem. I can get them to connect to other
> nets just fine (take the net from A->B and then back again and it goes
> to little circles). But i can't get them to connect onto pins.

	Well, is possible connect nets only to the the ends of a pin,
but never to a mid point of a pin.
	A important point is to use the snap grip currectly.
	If you put a symbol or move it with snap OFF, you will
never connect a net to its pin.
	This occours because the end points of its pins will be
in any point in the universe but not in a 100mils multiple.

	Please, try again from the scratch.
	- Restart the gschem
	- Verify if snap is ON and grid is set to 100 mils
	- insert a component (i.e. try 7400)
	- try to connect a net in its pins

	Please, let me know if not connected. Saving the file and
sending it by mail to the list.

	Please, mail me if ok. ;)

> Is there a "getting started, step by step, because you're really
> ignorant" tutorial anywhere?

The docs in geda site are a litle incomplete but they asnwer big questions.

> I'm using the gschem that comes with geda-gschem on debian -- 20020527.
> which is shown as being a bit old, but i doubt that's the problem.

	hmmm! I recommend you to recompile or, if exist, use a new .deb,
I think that is anybody maintaining APT packets.
	There is many bug fixes and a new attributes scheme in the new version
that is 20020825.
	To the first experience, try the already instaled, but to use it
to new projects that you'll want to use after, install the new 20020825.
	You have, in the new version, scripts to convert your own symbols
and schematics, but if is there a new to download? Why not?
	The symbols and schemaitcs that come in the new version are already
update to the new attributes scheme.
	See more in Master Attribute List:
 http://geda.seul.org/docs/attributes.txt

	And release notes, IMPORTAT info here:
http://geda.seul.org/devel/20020825/gaf-20020825-relnotes.html

> Thanks in advance for your time to explain something so trivial...

	You're welcome! We need NEW users to point NEW suggestions.

Best regards,

Antonio Augusto Todo Bom Neto
LAX Eletronica e Telecomunicacoes Ltda
gEDA-BR - Brazil Users Group - http://gedabr.projetos.etc.br