Re: gEDA-user: gerbv and eagle - done sorta

Alvin Oga wrote:
hi ales ..

[ Ales here, I'm reposting this since majordomo didn't recognize the
 e-mail as being subscribed to the geda-dev/geda-user mailinglist. ]

thanx for reposting .... i think its an issue of virtual.* vs mail.* in my email addy to majordomo ??

if it doesnt like my postings, i would think i cant fix it either
( unsubscribe and resubscribe )

gerbv /does/ work for Eagle output - I have some at
http://www.markettos.org.uk/riscos/ethernet/ that I tried successfully with
gerbv 0.10

i'm using gerbv-0.13  and can see eagel's gerber_274x output
but it does crash on gerberauto outputs
Hmm, for me it worked fine, here is the Eagle CAM script I used:

http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-hw/dvbusb-fx2/schematic/gerb274x-4.cam?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

I also slightly modified the eagle2exc.pl script by Alex to work around two bugs in Eagle and gerbv at this time and to explicitly set the used unit:
(the eagle buglet was reported to Cadsoft, hope it's fixed now - the gerbv bug has been fixed directly by Stefan)

http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-hw/dvbusb-fx2/schematic/eagle2exc.pl?rev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

This tiny script renames the files according to the requirements by http://www.pcbexpress.com/ and calls Alex' perl script mentioned above:

http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-hw/dvbusb-fx2/schematic/make_gerber_pcbexpress.sh?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Can you please send the files which crashed gerbv directly to me and Stefan (the gerbv author)?

thanks+hope that helps,

Holger