Re: gEDA-user: gerbv and eagle - crashed - retested again

Stefan Petersen wrote:
Hello Alvin!

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Alvin Oga wrote:

i've regenerated and confirmed that gerbv-0.13 segfaults on "gerberauto" files
output from eagle
	# gerbv .../LedAssy-2.1/crashbot.gbr
	Segmentation fault

gerbv-0.14 shows the following error message which is probably right
	# gerbv-0.14  .../LedAssy-2.1/crashbot.gbr

|	/tmp/gerb/LedAssy-2.1/crashbot.gbr: Parse error:
|	* Missing format
|	* Missing apertures/drill sizes
|
|	You probably tried to read an RS-274D file, which gerbv doesn't support

good .. looks like the segfult is fixed in gerbv-0.14 for "gerberauto" outputs
from eagle  ...

I get very worried when it segfaults, but that seems to be that old
problem. Great to hear that it seems fixed and sorry for the problems
caused by 0.13!

	but, it still errors out with links to the real drill files
	( ln -s led-assy.dri crashbot.dri
	( ln -s led-assy.drl crashbot.drl
	( ln -s led-assy.dri crashbot.dri

So the drillfiles causes segfault? Or are they just "missdrawn"? You have
used the scripts that Holger pointed out, since gerbv doesn't like Eagle
default drill files?
Hi Stefan,

when Eagle was used with a metric grid I had to slightly modify eagle2exc.pl:

I added

print OUTFILE "INCH,LZ\n";

right after

print OUTFILE "M48\n";

and replaced

while (<INFILE>)
{
print OUTFILE $_;
}

by

while (<INFILE>)
{
if (/^X(\d+)Y(\d+)$/) {
printf OUTFILE "X%.03fY%.03f\n",$1/1000,$2/1000;
} else {
print OUTFILE $_;
}
}

to ensure correct fractional numbers.

Some Windows Viewers don't use inch by default and I had problems with the files generated by the original version when Eagle wrote files in the metric setting.

I'm not perfectly sure this hack is correct, but I hope so. Maybe someone with deeper Perl knowledge can comment this.

see http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-hw/dvbusb-fx2/schematic/eagle2exc.pl?rev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
as complete reference.

Holger