Re: gEDA-user: PCB libraries

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 04:45:47PM +0200, Andreas Platschek wrote:
> Am Montag, 6. September 2004 18:23 schrieb Stephen Meier:
> > Could you be a bit more specific?
> >
> > When you activate the library window (menu -> window -> library) do you
> > see a list of directories in the left window and a list of 7400 parts in
> > the right window?
> >
> > If you click on one of the 7400 parts do you see the buffer icon lower
> > left turn color?
> >
> > If you then drag the part down over the drawing page do you see an
> > outline of the pattern?
> >
> > Steve Meier
>
> I can see the window with the list, but when I click on one of the Parts, The
> icon doesn't turn the color and the outline is not shown.
>
> Andi

Can you check both a footprint from a "newlib" library such as
"2_pin_thru-hole_package" and from an "oldlib" library such as
"~geda"?  The "~" indicates oldlib.  The mechanism for locating
and instantiating footprints from these libraries is different.

Based on what you find I'll have more questions.

-Dan