Re: gEDA-user: Summary of available footprints?

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 09:17:19PM -0700, Stephen Meier wrote:
> The following is my personal library. Many of these have been used in
> boards. Some of them were created by John Griessen. If you need one or
> more of them let me know and I will let you have it along with its
> status. Eventually (soon) I will take the time to clean them up,
> document them and publish them. These parts use the new (1.99 or so file
> format.... some are the newest 0.01 mil resolution)

Well, I've seen a lot of 0603 footprints. What's the difference?

You may be able to answer a question about the PCB element format. The
file-format docs say,

Pad             = "Pad(" X1 Y1 X2 Y2 Thickness Name PinNumber Flags ")"

but looking in
/usr/local/share/pcb/newlib/generic_SMD_packages/SOT-23_Transistor I
see:

Pad(38 -67 38 -75 28 30 58 "B" "1" 0x00000100)

Am I missing something or are there extra numbers in here?  I don't feel
like hacking around to find out... I'll prepare a documentation patch if
someone can tell me what the numbers are for.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@mlug
--
You think that it is a secret, but it never has been one.