Re: gEDA-user: RFC --- Land Pattern (Footprint) Names

John Luciani wrote:
I have placed a first draft of my land pattern naming convention at
http://www.luciani.org
The naming convention is based on IPC-7351.

Please send questions, comments, observations either to the list or to
(jluciani) *AT* gmail.com
(as appropriate).

(* jcl *)

sorry for the extremely slow reply John. In your document, the 2nd issue you mention about IPC-7351 is that for things like 0603 packages, they embed capacitor/resistor/etc into the name. That's done, I believe, because of the differing heights of those components.

-Dan