Re: gEDA-user: OT: Mechanical Cad for Linux

have you looked at brl-cad?     http://sourceforge.net/projects/brlcad/

norwood sisson

Marvin Dickens wrote:

Our problem with CAD on Linux is that there are no viable 3D CAD applications available except those that cost $. Our interest in 3D
CAD is for the purpose of modeling complex designs - Some of the devices that we build are rather complex and the ability to see what we have in 3D makes a real difference throughout the entire design process. Currently, we are looking at purchasing Varicad which appears, at least on the surface, to do a decent job at 3D. Most likely,
we will be purchasing a couples of Varicad seats before the end of the
month.

Regards

Marvin