Re: gEDA-user: OT: Mechanical Cad for Linux

> Your example of what you all are doing with BRL-CAD is *very* nice. We
> have it

Thanks.

> loaded on two machines, but the UI is right out of the late 1980's or
> early 1990's.  In your experience, how bad was the curve to being able to

It's a cold-war GUI. Isn't that cute? ;-) I feel like on a nuclear
submarine with all those crosses and numbers :)

> produce the output I saw on the link you provided in terms of man hours for
> someone who is CAD savvy?

Not bad. You basically begin with a cube, then learn to manipulate
boolean operations, and the rest is decorations :) I even didn't
read the army manual completely :)

However for me it could be say 50 man hours including learning?

CL<