Re: gEDA-user: OT: Mechanical Cad for Linux

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 03:03:52PM -0400, Marvin Dickens wrote:
> On Monday 12 September 2005 02:53 pm, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> > So I'll once again expose my ignorance for all to see.  :-)
> >
> > I haven't played with BRL-CAD for more than 15 minutes.  Can somebody
> > enlighten me about which app I want to run in order to make a drawing
> > usign a GUI?  Mged seems to use a CLI for drawing entry.  Is there
> > another way?
> >
> > Stuart
>
> Hi Stuart -
>
> We got about as far as you did. When I loaded Mged and realized what I was
> looking at, I remembered the long fights with Catia all those years ago. I
> decided that I had already had as much fun as I could stand with BRL-CAD.
> But, after seeing what Karel has managed to do with it, perhaps I was a bit
> premature with my judgment.

They were doing M1A1 Abrams in that :) I don't think it's bad. It's like
PCB - graphical and vi-style at the same moment. Modern apps are
graphical only which is good for Barbie girls, but not for real boys
which want to be cool by using CLI, ride skateboard, and talk with
teenage developers over IRC over ipv6.

CL<