Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meeting report: Notes on the topics we discussed

On Saturday 17 September 2005 04:30 pm, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > It may be less work to target a cross platform tool kit like
> > wxWidgets.
>
> I dislike "cross platform toolkits".  I *like* the motif look and
> feel.  I also think that different platforms should *behave* like
> native applications; it's wrong to have a windows-based tool acting
> like a unix application; it should be acting like all the other
> windows applications.

Everyone involved with the wxWidget project agrees with you.
If you build for Motif it looks like Motif.  If you build for windows it looks
like Windows.  If you build for the Mac it looks like Mac.   If you build for
GTK it looks like GTK.  Same source is used for all.  The native controls for
all platforms are used when they are available.