Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meeting report: Notes on the topics we discussed

On Saturday 17 September 2005 06:50 pm, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > If you build for Motif it looks like Motif.  If you build for
> > windows it looks like windows.
>
> Not looks, *acts*.

Poor choice of words on my part.  If you build it for the Mac you get all of
the Mac like 'actions', and it looks like a Mac application.  If you build it
for Windows you get windows like 'actions' etc.  Look AND feel if you prefer.
Same for any other port in wxWidgets.  That is the whole point of wxWidgets
compared to other tool kits.

> If you isolate the GUI, you could have different GUIs with different
> *interactions* not just different appearances.

No GUI at all as well for scripting as well.

Thank you for working on it.