Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meeting report: Notes on the topics we discussed

On Saturday 17 September 2005 08:50 pm, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > Poor choice of words on my part.  If you build it for the Mac you
> > get all of the Mac like 'actions', and it looks like a Mac
> > application.  If you build it for Windows you get windows like
> > 'actions' etc.  Look AND feel if you prefer.
>
> So, wxWidgets knows that PCB's "Autoroute" option goes under Edit for
> Motif, but Tools for Gtk?

If you want to discuss Magick there are more appropriate lists. :-)

wxWidgets offers no Magick solutions any more than a hand coded version would
know which menu Autoroute should be placed under, on different platforms
without it being programmed in that manner.  Autoroute is not a standard
behavior of any platform.

wxWidgets would know about the standard behaviors that should preformed and
where they would be located to get the native feel for that platform.
However you can still code it differently if you don't want it to behave in a
standard manner.

There are many samples in the wxWidget build, why not try a few of them for
yourself; on different platforms if you like?  You will either have wasted a
few minutes of time if you do not like it, or saved yourself an immense
amount of time on all future projects for the foreseeable future if you do
like it.  Maybe that is Magick after all... ;-)