Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meeting report: Notes on the topics we discussed

> I'd expect it to fall under Tools, no matter what GUI environment.

In Motif, I'd expect Tools to enumerate the editing tools - drawing
tools, selection arrow, etc.  In the current Gtk GUI, we have *no* way
of changing editing tools with the menu; this is a no-no in Motif.  In
Motif, you have to be able to do anything with menu picks, because
they're key-navigatable.  Hotkeys are always defined in terms of menu
accelerators.  In Gtk, hotkeys are defined by a user configuration
table.

But my point wasn't specific, it was general.  A generic GUI layer
can't know application-specific ways of presenting the GUI to the
user.  An MVC model *can*.  It even lets you, for example, have two
Gtk GUIs that are laid out differently.  No more "I can't figure out
how to use this, why isn't like my old Foo layout program?" :-)

And there's nothing stopping you from adding a wxWidgets GUI once it's
split out.