Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meeting report: Notes on the topics we discussed

> wxWidgets offers no Magick solutions any more than a hand coded
> version would know which menu Autoroute should be placed under, on
> different platforms without it being programmed in that manner.

That's my point ;-)

> You will either have wasted a few minutes of time if you do not like
> it, or saved yourself an immense amount of time on all future
> projects for the foreseeable future if you do like it.

I think splitting the GUI from the model will have more benefits that
just being able to switch to the N+1th GUI [*], and splitting the GUI
out is, at the moment, the hardest part - regardless of which GUI we
end up with.

[*] For example, all the printing and exporting functions become quite
    simplified, because they all use the same API as the GUI.

Besides, the GUI functionality is *so* ingrained in PCB that there is
*no* way you can swap it out in "a few minutes of time".  The work to
switch from Xaw to Gtk (not by me) was *immense*.  I'm only willing to
pay that price one more time, and if I do it right, the next time we
want to try a new GUI it *will* be an easy task.  Why?  Because my
project at the moment is to make the GUI *less* ingrained, regardless
of what the GUI actually is.