Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meeting report: Notes on the topics we discussed

On Sunday 18 September 2005 10:01 am, Stuart Brorson wrote:

{ snip }

> Does anybody know if wxWidgets will be folded into GTK at some point
> in the near future?
> Will it be included into major Linux distributions?

wxwidgets is included with suse as a runtime library in the form
of wxGTK. When I query the RPM package description, it tells me
that:

"wxWidgets is a free C++ framework to make cross-platform
programming easy. It supports Windows 3.1/95/98/NT, and
Unix with GTK/Motif/Lesstif. This is the version for GTK+. This
package only contains the runtime libraries and other data
needed by the runtime libraries".

As is obvious, this implimentation will support prebuilt binaries,
but for anything more, you have to download the development libs.

Regards

Marvin