Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meeting report: Notes on the topics we discussed

> > Does anybody know if wxWidgets will be folded into GTK at some point
> > in the near future?
> > Will it be included into major Linux distributions?=20
>
> wxwidgets is included with suse as a runtime library in the form
> of wxGTK.

[ . . . . . ]

> As is obvious, this implimentation will support prebuilt binaries,
> but for anything more, you have to download the development libs.

Yeah, that's the problem.  The .so files and binaries are installed,
but the header files aren't.  With GTK, at least the header files are
included in most distributions so you can build most things from
source.

Why do the distribution makers do this?  Indeed, it freaks out my
installer, because the installer finds the wxGTK installation via the
binaries, but then barfs when it can't find the header files.

Stupid, stupid, stupid . . . . .

Stuart

p.s.  Moving forward, I will have to make the installer smarter and
check for the header files.