Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meeting report: Notes on the topics we discussed

> > 	In theory, the toplevel makefile should take care of everything:
> >
> > make
> > set the environment vars
> > make install
> >
> this is assuming everything in the top level makefile is essentially
> correct for your system.   Actually, what would make things easier for
> the NetBSD package maintainer (me) is a single package instead of 9.
> The trick is gschem, for example, would need to be taught to build
> against the not-yet-installed libgeda.

Ummm, from my memory of the Makefile, building gschem requires that
libgeda already be built *and* installed.  That's why you only do
"make install" to create gEDA/gaf.  Ales set it up this way for just
this reason.

Or am I missing something. . . .

Anyway, there is no reason that a single tarball couldn't be used to
hold all the different geda-*.tar.gz files.

Stuart