Re: gEDA-user: Introduction and some questions/thoughts on gEDA/gaf...

Hi,

[snip]
>I am just proposing a system where individual components could have a
>number of tags added.

	Also interesting.  Unless I'm mistaken, gEDA/gaf already has an
attribute for such information, namely the description= attribute.

http://geda.seul.org/docs/current/attributes/node7.html

Now it's just a matter of 1) making sure all symbols have this attribute
with enough info and 2) coding up a reasonable way of searching this
attribute(s).  I don't think we should add more attributes whether it be
keywords or whatever; the description= attribute should include all the
necessary info.  KISS.  The search mechanism shouldn't only consider
description=, but rather the other pieces inside the symbol files as well.

								-Ales