Re: gEDA-user: installing geda on fedora 4. Guile is missing.

> My suggestion:
>
> 1.  First verify that you have no guile-config on your system ("locate
>     guile-config").
> 2.  Verify that your pkg-config works for guile.  Try "pkg-config
>     --modversion guile"
> 3.  In /usr/bin create a shell script called guile-config.  In the
>     shell script, have a single line "pkg-config guile ${0}".  The
>     idea is to fool the installer into calling pkg-config when it
>     tries to use guile-config.

This might be "pkg-config guile ${1}".  My shell scripting skills are
bad; I usually have to play around quite a bit before I get something
working -- even something as simple as this!  As a last resort, RTFM!

> 4.  Test out your new guile-config shell script before running the
>     installer.

Test, test, and retest is always sage advice, particularly when you are
taking my shell script suggestions!

Stuart