Re: gEDA-user: installing geda on fedora 4. Guile is missing.

> You are the first to try an install on FC4.  Congratulations!
>
> I am worried that you might have gcc-4 on your machine.  If you do,
> then guile will be the least of your worries.  Gcc-4 apparently does
> much more strict typechecking than its antecedants, so lots of gEDA
> programs will fail to compile.  All gEDA developers (me too) need to
> try compiling our apps using gcc-4, and then clean them up if
> necessary!  This is a big deal -- otherwise gEDA cannot have another
> release!

gschem and PCB should build without problems (if you have all necessary
*-devel packages). There are problems with gerbv. I dot it building but the
result is unusable so far (segfault when loading schematic). I am not sure
about wxWidgets for gSpiceUi.

> Anyway, as for your guile problems, it looks like the program
> guile-config has been removed with the 1.6.7 release.  My guess is
> that guile-config has been replaced by pkg-config, which is where most
> *-config programs on Linux are moving.  Unfortunately, my installer
> needs guile-config in order to know how to use guile.  Guile-config
> was present as of 1.6.3.

install guile-devel package, it should contain all headers and config files.

Wojciech Kazubski