gEDA-user: Linear voltregs: Symbol bugs or features?

Hi,

recently I designed a somewhat complex PCB in gschem. It
has got several GND and VCC nets that can be turned off
and on by a microcontroller. Some of those nets used a
LM7805 as voltage regulator, but the GNDs of those nets
where different (!).

After importing the netlist into my layout program I found
out that all those different GND nets where tied together to
one big GND net. But there was no error in the schematic!

The reason was that the symbol for the LM7805 (lm7805-1.sym)
contains a "net=GND:2" statement, so gschem connects the
net that is attached to the GND pin of the voltreg to the GND
net. Serveral other voltreg symbols share this problem. I con-
sider this not as a feature but as a bug, because these voltreg
have a dedicated ground pin and if the user connects a net which
is not called GND to this pin, this net and the GND net are
merged to form a new net. Bad problems can occur ...

So what are your ideas about this??? Is it possible to remove
the "net=GND:2" line from the sym files of the whole LM78xx
family?

- cl