Re: gEDA-user: Linear voltregs: Symbol bugs or features?

> in a schematic that the power pins are hidden by default

Hmmm... a generic gEDA feature that pins on a part can be either
exposed or hidden.  If hidden, they connect to some net automagically.
If exposed, they connect like any other regular pin.  We might not
even need to edit the symbols to do this, aside from perhaps defaults.

We'd need some way of editing the net they connect to, and "peeking"
at the hidden connections easily (maybe the pins appear with net names
when the mouse hovers over the part?).

A cool spin-off would be a "ground and hide" hotkey to tie pins that
would otherwise float.

I agree that "Vcc" is a poor choice for net name these days.  I've
seen symbols with nets named "+5V" or "-12V" which is at least safer.