Re: gEDA-user: Installing gEDA from 20050820 Suite CD on Fedora

Stuart Brorson wrote:

Meanwhile, in the real world we have a large problem: Lots of broken
open-source EDA software. Who will fix the problems?

Lessee. . . . who owns what??

*  GTKWave is essentially abandoned.  Somebody needs to adopt it & fix
   it.

Tony still exists, so the 1.3 line will likely get fixes if he is appropriately prodded.

*  Icarus Verilog is actively maintained by Steve Williams, so I am
   confident that he will be on it when his schedule allows it.

The v0.8 branch likely will not be fixed for gcc-4.x unless there is an outcry for it. Patches are welcome. The main trunk should compile with gcc4 already. Bug reports?

* GSpiceUI is actively maintained, so it will probably get fixed, but
when?

-- Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep. steve at icarus.com But I have promises to keep, http://www.icarus.com and lines to code before I sleep, http://www.picturel.com And lines to code before I sleep."