gEDA-user: Footprint naming convention

I am presently drawing up footprints for my stock components.

I have read the naming conventions for the footprints and have
done some searches but can't find an answer to this query.

I have for many components two different foot prints.  I would
like to know if there is a convention to naming the multiples.

I don't mean I have a device that comes in a DIP40 and also
comes in a TQFP44.  I mean I wish to have two version of a
MSSOP28W (0.65mm 28 lead 5.3mm wide package)
footprint.

I would like one version of the footprint following the
manufacturer approved pin width/length.  I would also like
another version with longer pins that I use in prototype
boards that I will hand solder.

Any input on names appreciated.