Re: gEDA-user: Marketing gEDA - was - Re: Professional PCB help using geda?

Andy Fong wrote:

> But you guys have been telling me for a 10 layer board with high speed
> digital signals, gEDA (or rather PCB)
> is not ready yet. I want to believe the other way.

It will only get better, you get open access to have your design
updated later, and with all the GUI features being coded lately,
and made compatible between PCB and gschem, more pwople will be able to
use them.

What are missing if I
> don't need the fancy via's and buried stuffs?

Oh...just the back annotating you expect when designing one... but if
you already have a design, it's just getting a netlist translation you
checked somehow to trust it, and lots of layout time for those 700 pin
parts...

John G
--
Ecosensory
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1