Re: gEDA-user: Marketing gEDA - was - Re: Professional PCB help using geda?

Andy -

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 05:00:46PM -0400, Andy Fong wrote:
> But you guys have been telling me for a 10 layer board with high speed
> digital signals, gEDA (or rather PCB)
> is not ready yet.

Who said that?

> I want to believe the other way. What are missing if I
> don't need the fancy via's and buried stuffs?

Nothing.

PCB can't do the automated parasitic extraction and signal
integrity simulations that high end software suites can.
You have to engineer that yourself with common sense and
a pocket calculator, just like they did in the olden days.
At least development copies of PCB can now compute trace
lengths (thanks, DJ!).

   - Larry