Re: gEDA-user: Professional PCB help using geda?

Guys -

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 10:07:49PM -0700, Steve Meier wrote:
> The reality of PCB is that it is capable of 95% of the tasks needed of a
> pcb layout program. It only lacks support for ideas such as buried,
> blind or micro vias, buiried capcitors or parts sitting on more then two
> layers.

Call me weird or old-school, but I avoid all those things like the
plague.  They add cost, risk, yield, schedule, and availability
problems.  If a board can't be laid out on a plain-old 6-layer pcb
(OK, maybe 8 or 10 in a pinch), you didn't architect it right.

I guess you need to wait for a serious PCB contributor who doesn't
think like me before you'll get those things.  ;-)

   - Larry