Re: gEDA-user: alarm clock update

DJ Delorie wrote:
> The gelatin paper trick didn't work.  The paper wasn't flat after it
> dried, the first sheet wrinkled in the printer, and the second just
> didn't let go of the toner after I laminated it.  I went back to the
> special paper for the paste mask.

I looked up the webpage by Stefan Trethan about converting an inkjet
to handle a PC board and it looks laborious, but workable and sturdy
if you get a supply of printheads of the same kind before they go
unobtainium, since you're using obsolete machines as raw material
to start with.  The ink of one color gives good etch resistance
for normal etch times they say.

I imagine setting the machine to print in composite black with all
color reservoirs filled with that color that gives optimum etch resist
would give a you a thick jetted on layer in one pass, and I doubt
it would spread...

What do you all think about inkjetting of resists?

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX