Re: gEDA-user: batch printing

> I"ve been wanting to learn make rule writing and just got some
> little exposure using tinyOS core modules since they use make files.

Basic Makefiles are easy.  Each rule is like this:

target-file : files it depends on
	    some command
	    another command
	    another command

If the target is older than any of the files it depends on, then the
commands are run.  If any of the commands fails, the Makefile stops.

"info make" has the manual for it, where you can learn about all the
shortcuts that make managing a complex flow easier, like varable
expansion, wildcards, and functions.