Re: gEDA-user: PCB problems

Bob Paddock wrote:

>> It might be easier to reinstall the operating system.
>
> Isn't that like killing the patient to "cure" them?
>
> Here are instructions for setting up a 32 bit chroot
> in a 64 bit environment:
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/howtos/index.xml?part=1&chap=2
>
> I'm bringing up my own AMD64 system right now.  Still migrating files
> from old system, haven't got to gEDA/PCB yet.
>
> An other option would be to install http://www.virtualbox.org or the like.

There's another option in gobolinux rootless installation.  I have not done it yet,
but the people on their list say it works for creating a command line
environment that depends mostly on programs installed below some local dir
for its fucntion and available apps to run.  It still depends on some of the base
system parts like command shell -- I need to study it more.  It is likely
a good way to distribute gEDA setups that work well.  It can work with
mingw on Windows.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1