Re: gEDA-user: PCB problems

Dr. Clifton

I thank you for your response below.  Following your instructions, I was
able to re-compile pcb, and run the miter operation.  Whereas the job
previously had run for over 60 hours without completion, it finished in
about 15 minutes this time.  Very good!

However, not perfect - some earlier problems re-surfaced.  I've had
problems with large jobs when I ran some of the cleanup routines (as
well as miter).  What I find is that where traces get moved by the
routines, often disconnects are generated (usually pin escape vias
connected to power and ground layers) and I have to very carefully
review the board to correct these problems.  Also, there are often
instances of traces getting moved into contact with pre-existing vias,
so that shorts are generated.

In addition, I think a separate problem is occurring.  In the course of
corrections on a large board, many warnings are generated, suggesting
mis-connections have been made.  Some of these appear to be true (as
cited above), however many are simply incorrect.  Have these problems
been seen before?

Many thanks for your time and assistance.

    Harold Skank