Re: gEDA-user: buzzing board

> Have you tried the contact microphone (pizeo buzzer) yet to narrow
> down the location ?  Hook it up to your sound card if you don't have
> a great scope.

I got an electret mic working, but it didn't pick up anything off the
board.  Hmmm... do I even *have* a peizo buzzer?

I've got a "magnetic transducer" off an old motherboard...

I guess I could pick up something at RS next time I'm out.

> I am assuming it is in the bottom right hand corner of the picture
> where it looks like the switcher and the SM inductors are that it
> seems to be coming from.

The bottom right (the one with the three SMT inductors) is the 3.3v
switcher.  In that photo, the TOP right is the +12v LDO for the OLED.

> Maybe you could consider one more culprit in that corner you may
> have over looked - the DC plug.

Nudging the power jack does nothing.