Re: gEDA-user: buzzing board

On Sep 13, 2007, at 6:56 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
>>    Hey DJ...Look at it this way.  If you can really hear a faint
>> buzzing sound coming from your alarm clock, there's clearly not
>> enough equipment running in your house.
>
> My wife said the same thing.  However, *this* board is going in my
> bedroom, on a table near my pillow, while I'm asleep.  There's nothing
> else in that room that makes noise, and Pat's already complaining
> about the buzzing sound coming from my old alarm clock.

   I recommend the following:

     DEC PDP-11/34a
     2 RL02 disk drives
     1 RK07 disk drive
     1 TU16 magtape drive

   A system like that, running in my bedroom when I was 16-17, kept
me sleeping like a baby.  Mmm, that low rumble and all those muffin
fans.  It only pulled about 16 amps, so it helped in the winter too.
With one of those, you'll never hear the alarm clock.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL