Re: gEDA-user: buzzing board

mic pre-amps are more sensitive than you scope's input stage. perhaps not as accurate, but there made for low level signals.

unless you are putting your microphone through a pre amp into your scope, you won't see such a quiet signal.

i have done this with an iMic (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic/)  and a cheap $2 microphone   but you have to use a sound card with a mic input.  we also made a sound proof box, out of MDF and mass loaded vinyl.

if have some cinder blocks laying around,  put the mic and the board on a concrete floor inside of that brick box and that should make it much quieter, by blocking ambient noise.

Steve