Re: gEDA-user: buzzing board

On Friday 14 September 2007 09:00:33 pm DJ Delorie wrote:
> > Do you really want all of that eletricmagnetic "junk" by your head?
>
> The clock I'm replacing has a plain old motor in it.  Isn't that
> giving out far more EM junk than some microelectronics?

There is a belief that modulated fields are worse
than static fields.

> So far, I haven't been able to affect the sound in any useful way,
> just a few useless ways.

If you don't have any Piezo sensors, as you have mentioned,
do you have any old electronic phones you can sacrifice
to get one?  You could use a Ceramic Cap. as a sensor as
well, as they are frequently made of Barium Titanate,
same as the Piezo sensors.