Re: gEDA-user: First PCB

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 08:28:41AM +1000, andrewm wrote:
> That is probably the nice way to do it and
> makes things more followable.  In protel
> I just used to pop down vias and pads where
> ever I felt like it and it would let me
> connect them.

You can do that in PCB.  There are two things to keep in mind:

1)  You'll have to un-mask it by hand (otherwise it will be covered).
DJ explained how to do this recently.

2)  Auto DRC and vias are a bit of a pain.  If you draw a wire to a
point, you can then punch a via through it (there's no autodrc in via
placement, in fact, a too-close via will cause the other one to vanish!).
If you place the via FIRST, the autodrc will keep you off of it (it's not
in the net, after all).  However, if you mouse over the target via (or
any net, actually) while dragging the line and hit 'f' to hilite the via,
you will be allowed onto it.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>