Re: gEDA-user: First PCB

Ben Jackson wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 12:51:36PM +1000, andrewm wrote:
>> http://www.thehacktory.com/IR-simple-v1p52-top.png
>
> If that big square is a thermal pad, it's not going to help much if
> you don't stitch it to more copper on the other side...

So, what is that "under chip" square of copper connected to two pads?
A mini ground plane?

> Also, I think your attachments to the sides of those long, skinny
> pads might cause you grief if you don't have a soldermask.

He's got those flares to relieve surface tension.  If using solder paste
I see no trouble.   Plus there's nothing in the way of excess solder --
no functional problem, just appearance -- but only if too much solder.

John G
--
Ecosensory